Student Information Technology (It)
Posted on Sept. 8, 2023 by InternPlug
- Calgary, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAt Ovintiv, our products fuel the world through safe, affordable, and reliable energy. We are proud of our purpose, and attracting the right people is the key to its success. As an employer, we recognize your potential and professional aspirations, and are committed to your career development. We offer employees an inclusive work environment with highly competitive compensation and flexibility—including a market-leading and the 1st and 3rd Fridays off each month. Ovintiv’s workplace culture is built upon our foundational values of One, Agile, Driven and Innovative, and we are relentlessly committed to safe and sustainable operations. We value the opportunity to engage and collaborate in person, believing this is best cultivated through our in-office environment. We drive societal progress by valuing our workforce, strengthening the communities we call home and respecting the rights of all. Join our team as we make modern life possible. Posting Close Date: 09/27/2023 Ovintiv’s program is a comprehensive summer internship designed to provide a solid foundation of knowledge and experiential training while giving students the opportunity to apply what they are learning in school in a real-world setting. As an intern you will spend the summer working closely with an experienced mentor(s) and be assigned both operational and a project along various other responsibilities intended to provide you with learning opportunities while delivering meaningful contributions to Ovintiv. Responsibilities We are currently seeking Information Technology System Analyst Summer Students to fill various opportunities in:
- IT Business Solutions – general duties may include assessing and resolving issues related to the Microsoft productivity applications, client SharePoint site assistance, updating end user training guides and assisting in new process automation solutions.
- Cybersecurity – general duties may include monitoring daily security issues and events generated by our security tools, operating security technologies to protect our systems and information infrastructure, conducting Information Security risk assessments for projects and on-demand requests, assisting with internal and external security audits and conducting security awareness presentations.
- IT Operations – general duties may include assisting in building and strengthening digital platforms through cloud-based applications and workloads, assisting with documentation of designs, standards and testing procedures, monitoring various applications and services, troubleshooting software conflicts, hardware problems and network protocols, and assisting in local and enterprise wide systems change management.
- Data Science and Analytics – general duties may include involvement with building statistical and machine learning models on data sets to provide valuable insights, formulating recommendations and action plans on findings, and participating on various other short and long term projects that the team is involved with.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or masters degree in computer science, computer information systems, mathematics, statistics, or other related technology programs.
- Demonstrated solid academic results in your core courses, balanced with other work, volunteer or extracurricular experiences.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student through December 2023.
- Must be available May 6 – August 23, 2024.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Positive attitude and eager to streamline and improve process and workflows.
- Strong ability to interact with business and technical users.
- Analytical skills for problem determination and resolution.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and strong attention to detail.
- Creative, curious, and innovative mindset with a passion to learn and master modern technology.
Oct. 8, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!