Summer 2024 Corporate Strategy Internship - Cleveland
Posted on July 5, 2023 by InternPlug
- Cleveland, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionLocation: 127 Public Square - Cleveland, Ohio 44114 To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for your top 3 internship roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Program Duration: MAY 29, 2024 – AUGUST 9, 2024
What does our Internship Program offer? Key’s Enterprise Internship is a 10.5-week program that provides meaningful work that matters, offers feedback and coaching, and creates engaging events and conversations that will spark excitement and interest in bringing one’s full-time career to Key post college. Interns are involved in a host of line of business specific projects that directly impact and benefit Key’s business and strategic pillars. The program includes networking with Key teammates across all levels of the organization, a series of Learning Labs where internal and external speakers provide insight on Key’s competitive landscape, financial wellness, and professional development best practices, and an assigned mentor who shares knowledge, experience, and advice.
Line of Business: Key Corporate Strategy
Line of Business overview: Work done in the Corporate Strategy Group falls into three major categories: strategic planning, corporate development, and project-based initiatives. Strategic Planning involves the top-down annual strategic planning process, focused on investment prioritization and strategic initiative development, while corporate development focuses on deal-based work and inorganic growth strategy development and execution and ad hoc project initiatives position the group as an internal consulting resource for executive-level business leaders.
About the Line of Business Internship Program
The Corporate Strategy Intern will report to the Director of Corporate Strategy. Working closely with senior and junior members of the Corporate Strategy team, interns support the strategy and business development needs of KeyCorp and all of its principal business units. Interns also support executives and business leaders across KeyCorp in strategy development/strategic planning activities and M&A transaction identification, evaluation, and execution.
The internship spans 10-14 weeks in the summer. As an intern, you will gain experience working on various projects and work closely with seasoned professionals to develop your skills. Your primary focus will be to support the development of Key’s annual strategic plan through the creation of high-quality presentation materials and thorough business analysis. Additional projects include M&A target identification, analysis of target strategic fit, financial modeling and valuation, peer benchmarking, competitive analyses, and business case development.
What You’ll Get Out of This Internship: Orientation to Key’s infrastructure and the business Training (on-the-job, Excel® and PowerPoint®, etiquette, résumé counseling, and more) Direct coaching and feedback Engagement with senior leaders Community involvement Networking opportunities Executive Speaker Series Consideration for full-time placement (after graduation) upon completion of the internship
Successful interns may be considered for a full-time position upon graduation.
- Research and track market updates of peers, competitors, fintechs, and other industry participants
- Synthesize key takeaways in regular reporting and update materials
- Contribute to the creation, review, and finalization of Key’s annual strategic planning materials in support of ELT and the Board of Directors
- Support due diligence and strategic rationale formulation for potential fintech partnerships, equity investments, and potential bank and nonbank acquisitions and divestitures
- Contribute to research and analysis of business-line specific strategic questions
- Enrollment in an undergraduate program with coursework in Accounting, Finance, Business Strategy, and Economics
- Graduating with a four-year degree or graduate level degree by May 2025 (rising senior)
- Outstanding academic achievement - minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA required
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bring solid analytical, problem solving, communication and presentation skills
- Relevant work or internship experience
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership through extracurricular activities
- Eligibility to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future
Compensation and Benefits This position is eligible to earn an hourly rate of $21 per hour. Compensation also includes a $2000 Summer Internship Sign-on Bonus.
KeyBank’s Campus Program Internship and Analyst positions are not eligible for employment visa sponsorship (e.g., H-1B visa). This includes, for example, situations where a candidate may have temporary work authorization while enrolled in school or upon graduation (e.g., CPT, OPT) but would need H-1B visa sponsorship within a few years of employment in order to maintain employment eligibility. Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing HR_Compliance@keybank.com .
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing HR_Compliance@keybank.com .
Aug. 4, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!