Summer 2024 Digital Consulting Internship - Cloud, Data, And Application Development
Posted on Aug. 27, 2023 by InternPlug
- Chicago, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionOverview: Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory CPA firm, providing clients with a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world’s leading financial centers – New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 41,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.7 billion.
Please discuss the work location status with your Baker Tilly talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law. Responsibilities: Baker Tilly’s Digital Consulting Practice combines deep functional, industry, and technical capabilities to help clients solve their toughest enterprise digital challenges. Baker Tilly Digital is focused on the integration of advanced technologies with core business transformational services to support companies in successfully navigating the complexities of digital transformations.
As a member of the 2024 Baker Tilly Digital Internship Class, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn and execute meaningful work engagements that have an impact on organizations through client projects, internal initiatives, and research
- Collaborate with experienced Staff, Seniors, Managers, and Partners with specialized experience and technical knowledge across numerous industries and services
- Engage directly with a variety of clients ranging from privately held businesses to publicly traded multi-national corporations
- Learn directly from mentors and additional Baker Tilly employees through a series of networking activities, formal training, and an open work environment
- Impact the surrounding community through volunteering events, such as Junior Achievement and United Way
As a Baker Tilly Digital Consultant Intern, you will gain exposure to some of the following focus areas. Intern alignment to these areas will be determined based on a combination of skillset, experience, and interest. Given the cross-disciplinary nature of our client engagements, you will gain exposure to various capabilities across Baker Tilly Digital.
Application Development: This area of Baker Tilly Digital introduces innovative applications and services into uncharted territory to create new opportunities for our clients. We help clients successfully blaze the trail to transform and enhance their business. Services provided include application strategy, application implementation (development of system integrations, data conversions, reports and dashboard development using cloud-based tools), application modernization, and custom software development. Cloud Infrastructure: Business environments across industries look different than they did just a few years ago. Fortunately, cloud is revolutionizing business in ways that can help you keep up, giving life to new products and services. Services provided include cloud strategy, cloud infrastructure development, cloud migration, and cloud optimization (modernization). Data Solutions: Capturing the data that matters most and bringing it into focus is no trivial matter and is critical to driving business results. Clients rely on our experience in data solutions to drive their business forward. Services provided included data strategy and program capabilities, data visualization, enterprise data analytics modernization, data governance and data management, advanced analytics and machine learning, and strategic planning. Qualifications: General Qualifications :
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2024/2025 school year in Business, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Accounting, Operations Management, Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Analytics, Information/Data Management, Management Information Systems/Technology, or a related field
- Expected graduation date between December 2024-Septemeber 2025
- Outstanding academic performance with a minimum overall GPA of a 3.0 required with at least a 3.2 GPA preferred
- Relevant work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display passion and commitment towards finding creative and efficient solutions to analytical problems, achieving results and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
- Demonstrates analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking, decision-making, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship as a full-time employee
- Be available to travel as needed for client projects
Technical Qualifications :
- Interest in new and emerging technologies and enterprise technology architecture
- Experience with programming languages, such as Java, Python, and SQL
- Interest in cloud-based services and associated infrastructure – (experience in design and implementation of cloud-based services in Azure/AWS is highly desirable)
- Data and Infrastructure candidates will need to have the interest to design relational data models and query databases using SQL
- AI focused candidates will need to have an understanding of machine learning and a general understanding of robotic process automation (experience with SVMs and NLP/text mining especially desirable)
Sept. 26, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!