Summer 2024 Intern, Data Science
Posted on Sept. 9, 2023 by InternPlug
- Remote, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionYour Opportunity as a Data Science Intern As an intern within our Data Science/Analytics organization you will work directly with business partners on projects throughout your internship leveraging real-world data to generate real value for the company.
Work Arrangements: Remote
In this role you will:
- Collect and analyze data through various methods, interpret results, and communicate findings in a clear, concise, and impactful manner.
- Use insights-based data to support issue resolution and proactive improvement opportunities
- Use analytical skills, statistical fundamental principles, data visualization, and programming to drive results
- Develop your relationship management and professional development skills
What we are looking for:
Junior or senior undergraduate or graduate level student with requisite educational experience in Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science, Economics, Econometrics, Psychology, or another relevant field
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A well-rounded skill set including your exposure to statistical modeling and Machine Learning (supervised and unsupervised), a creative problem-solving approach, the ability to “connect-the-dots,” interest in data storytelling, the ability to balance numerous requests, and a history of successfully completing all deliverables
Why the J.M. Smucker Company’s Internship Program is Right for You Looking for a world-class internship program at a Fortune 500 company? At Smucker, we’re committed to offering you that world-class experience and the opportunity to:
- Learn: Realize your potential in a collaborative, supportive environment where you’re part of the Smucker Family and challenged to be your best.
- Grow: Receive hands-on training from a dedicated mentor and connect with peers and leaders across our Company.
- Lead: Contribute to high-profile projects that support our strategic priorities along with opportunities to get involved in many ways including our continued progress on the journey to become the organization we expect to be on inclusion, diversity and equity. We firmly believe that an inclusive environment and diverse organization strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
Beyond the purposeful work you'll be doing each day, we offer a wide variety of perks to help make your experience a memorable one. Examples include:
- Unique opportunities to network and engage with company leadership
- Participate in tailored professional development sessions
- Take part in networking events and outings with fellow interns
- A fully equipped fitness center with a basketball court, indoor walking track and rec league sports
- The Orchard, our gourmet cafeteria serving breakfast and lunch, with specials derived from seasonal and local ingredients
- A competitive compensation package and paid corporate holidays
- Employee discount at our Company Store
- Housing stipend for those relocating for their internship
- Our Internship Program
- Our Thriving Together Philosophy Supporting All Impacted by Our Business
- Our Continued Progress on Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
Follow us on LinkedIn®
Oct. 9, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!