Posted on July 10, 2023 by InternPlug
- Rotorua, New Zealand
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Attention all engineering students interested in the energy sector! Mercury is currently seeking a talented and motivated intern to join our Mechanical Engineering team in Rotorua for the summer. (second to fourth year). As an engineering intern, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects that will contribute to the development of sustainable energy solutions.
Each year, Mercury runs a work experience programme for undergrad / tertiary level students over the summer vacation period, from November to February - spread out across some of our hydro and geothermal power stations and offices in and around Rotorua, Taupo, and Hamilton.
Mercury is changing the face of energy in New Zealand and we're thinking boldly about our future and how we can inspire kiwis to enjoy energy in more wonderful ways. We want to create a brighter and sustainable future for individuals, our communities and for New Zealand. A summer internship offers real-world experience and an opportunity to do work that can make a real impact in the renewable energy sector.
The internship programme is expected to run from November 2023 - February 2024, during which you will have the opportunity to work alongside a great team of people on a wide range of projects and challenges. In a few short months, you'll have experience and knowledge that will set you apart from your classmates and contribute towards your engineering hour requirements where applicable.
We are looking for five Mechanical Engineering Interns (second to fourth year) with positions available in our Rotorua office, and on site at our Geothermal Power Stations and Karapiro Power Station.
A day in the life of a Mercury summer intern:
Depending on your discipline of choice, you could find yourself upskilling and growing your knowledge by contributing to projects and working on improving processes on our sites, assisting with safety systems, reviewing hydro cable layouts and schedules, designing plant modifications or working on dam maintenance procedures. There is a vast variety of tasks and projects we would love our summer interns to contribute this year!
- Valuable hands-on experience in the energy sector
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced engineers
- Opportunity to work on meaningful projects with real-world impact
- Competitive Remuneration
- PPE Gear Provided
- First Aid & relevant Site-Specific Qualifications
- An interest in renewable power generation
- Currently studying a NZQA Engineering degree or equivalent (please provide official transcripts) OR a degree related to the above areas of interest
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The passion, curiosity and enthusiasm to get stuck in and make a real difference
- A full and clean New Zealand drivers' licence
If you can tick the above we want to hear from you.
- Applications close Friday 21st July 2023. Please note that Mercury retains the right to bring a particularly strong candidate through to interview more quickly.
- Start date of internship during November 2023
- End date of internship during February 2024
Reference # 30703
Posted 06 Jul 2023
Closing 21 Jul 2023 17:00
Job level(s) Graduate
Work type(s) Fixed term full time
More details (document)
Aug. 9, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
2024, Transaction Banking, Graduate Analyst (2023 Summer intern applicants only)
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) business enables client success by providing an integrated sui…
2024 Corporate & Investment Bank - Global Corporate Banking Analyst Program - Summer Internship - Johannesburg
JOB DESCRIPTION 2024 Corporate & Investment Bank - Global Corporate Banking Analyst Program…
Vertex Summer Internship, Research (Boston, MA)
Job Description The Vertex Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn …
Analytics Leadership Development Program Summer Internship
By clicking the “Apply” button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda w…
Summer Intern, Water Engineering
There has never been a better time to join Aurecon! We have a strong and growing pipeline of p…