Summer Internship – Software Engineers
Posted on Aug. 31, 2023 by InternPlug
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
A better understanding of the Earth creates a better world for all. Seequent brings together industry-leading earth modelling, geo-data management, and team collaboration software.
Because when everyone can see the full picture, they can make better decisions that benefit people and the planet.
Every day, our customers in over 100 countries work to develop vital mineral resources more sustainably, design and build better infrastructure, protect the environment, source renewable energy, and help resolve historical challenges such as groundwater contamination and ageing infrastructure.
We’re here to help them. That why we’re constantly evolving at the forefront of technology and geoscience – from Cloud accessibility, to 3D modelling, to digital collaboration.
Headquartered in New Zealand with our team located in 25 locations around the world, Seequent is a high growth, people-centric success story. We’re passionate, curious, Earth lovers.
Ready to help change the world? Join us.
Seequent is a Bentley Systems company, working together to build a better future.
We are looking for a number of Intern Software Engineers to join our Christchurch Engineering team for the summer. As an Intern at Seequent you will get to work side by side with our talented software engineers and testers, working on real world projects that have tangible impact.
Our technology stack is based on a wide array of open-source tech mostly written in Python. Don’t worry if you haven’t coded in Python yet, as we as have many developers who started off in C#, C++ or Java. We are an agile development company using state of the art tools like JIRA, GIT and TeamCity to tackle complex problems backed up by code reviews and lots of exploratory and automated testing.
These roles will run from November 2023 until February 2024 and will be based full time in our modern, Hagley Park facing, office. Applicants must be advanced in study towards either an Engineering degree with a focus on software, or a Computer Science degree.
As an Intern Software Engineer in the team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Put your creative problem-solving skills to work by taking on exciting technical challenges
- Sharpen your debugging muscles
- Collaborate with a team of passionate developers who are just as excited about coding as you are
- Be a strong advocate for great software and explore innovative approaches
This Internship could be a good fit for you if you have:
- Recently completed, or are in advanced study towards either an Engineering degree with a focus on software, or a Computer Science degree
- Plenty of enthusiasm and motivation to thrive in a tech-driven environment
- Great interpersonal skills, communication abilities, and a team-oriented attitude
- A curiosity about agile methods and a willingness to learn through the Scrum Methodology
Research shows that some individuals, particularly women and underrepresented groups, are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single criterion. If you don't think your experience perfectly aligns, or you don't tick all the boxes, please don’t rule yourself out! Seequent are committed to hiring a diverse team and encourage individuals of all background and abilities to apply.
Why you will enjoy working with us..
You will be joining a highly skilled, highly productive team of technical experts who are passionate about what we do. We are a friendly, intelligent, and supportive bunch and are looking forward to you bringing your expertise to the team. Our wider team is geographically diverse and from multi-disciplines, so you will have opportunity to work with colleagues from across the globe.
In addition to awesome colleagues and work culture, you can also expect the following benefits:
- Facilities – Make use of the onsite gym, locker facilities, secure bike sheds, ergonomic standing desks, ping pong table, and spacious café.
- Fun – Bring your dog to work, indulge in Pie Day Friday, build the tallest Lego tower, or embrace innovation in our annual Hackathon.
- Learning – Access to a wealth of training resources through our digital learning platform Degreed, quarterly career conversations with your manager and a culture that believes in promoting from within.
- Wellbeing – Fully subsidised subscription to Headspace, regular wellness webinars, and 24/7 EAP access.
Inclusion + Diversity
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience.
If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Please provide details in your cover letter of any accommodations needed.
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today with a covering letter and CV.
Sept. 30, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!