Posted on July 7, 2023 by InternPlug
- Boulder City, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionDo you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries. Particle Measuring Systems is a mid-sized, high tech, B2B manufacturer with a strong global presence. As part of Spectris LLC, we are committed to reaching Net Zero. This includes a commitment to reducing absolute Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 85% by 2030 from 2020 and achieving Net Zero by 2030: and reducing absolute Scope 3 emissions by 42% by 2030 from 2020 and achieving Net Zero by 2040. We also have a goal of zero waste to landfill by 2030. Our Roadmap to Net Zero has been validated by the Science Based Targets Initiative The Role Particle Measuring Systems is searching for a Sustainability Intern who can help roll out our Roadmap to Net Zero Carbon and Zero Waste to landfill tactical plan at our headquarters in Boulder, CO. This is an exciting opportunity to take the lead in actioning tactics to make a meaningful impact this year on our carbon emissions and our landfill waste. Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Work with various departments to successfully rollout tactical plan for Roadmap to Net Zero, including but not limited to, work with:
- Supply Chain team and vendors to encourage Ecovadis participation and reductions in Scope 1 and 2 carbon emissions
- Management team on PMS Ecovadis report
- Channel sales team and distributors on Scope 1 and 2 reduction
- IT on power and technology usage
- Production on energy decrease and identifying incoming waste
- Receiving for incoming waste (and then supply chain to work with suppliers)
- Product managers, engineering, production and shipping for sustainable packaging
- Engineering on plan to make instruments sustainable
- Sales on messaging to their customers
- Legal regarding surveys from customers
- Work with third parties to measure Scope 1, 2, and 3 results (energy use, vehicles, ….)
- Create content around our progress, plans, and results to the public
- Create content and reports around our progress, plans, and results to management
- Create content to engage employees globally
- Manage paperwork to change processes such as switching to sustainable packaging
- A desire to work in the Sustainability field and make meaningful impacts immediately
- Be a self-starter with an eagerness to learn and ability to problem solve. Your manager will be out of state and available for support, but you will need to be able to take charge locally.
- Organization skills: you will be juggling several items at once and must manage your time and the related items with little supervision
- Able to work independently but be a team player. Much of the work involves working with, training, and encouraging other departments, including managers.
- Willingness to speak up and make suggestions
- Experienced with standard computer platforms including Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Aug. 6, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!