System Administrator Intern (January - 4 Months)
Posted on Sept. 26, 2023 by InternPlug
- Montréal, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Montreal, Quebec and is a 4-month work term commencing January 2024. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
- Participate in the implementation, administration, maintenance and evolution of the technological environment and ensure proper documentation and functional analysis
- Ensure stability, security and performance of the technological environment to keep inline with our availability and service level agreements.
- Improve the processes and automate procedures to simplify and diminish human errors for all team members. ·
- Maintain and improve the system’s back-up technology, security and reliability.
- Validate and participate in the periodical software and hardware patches.
- Ensure all the required information for implementing, administrate and operating our datacenters and cloud and promote knowledge transfer, training and sharing.
- Participate in any possible security tightening with the help of the internal security team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of different OS’: RedHat, Centos, Linux and Windows
- Knowledge in hardware, software, networking, maintenance and patching
- Experience with vCenter
- Experience with backup solutions such as TSM Spectrum Protect.
- Experience with Alerting systems such as Nagios and PagerDuty.
- Must be eligible to work 4 months starting in January 2024 Credit Check Required
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge and understanding of Ansible
- Knowledge of Active Directory and/or FreeIPA or related services
- Knowledge or Networking and Security systems (Access Management, Authentication Policies, group management, route management etc.)
- Registered in a Coop/internship program
About Business Unit IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBM IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location Statement Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Oct. 26, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!