Technical Support Engineer Intern
Posted on Aug. 16, 2023 by InternPlug
- Cork, Ireland
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionDiscover Trend Trend Micro, a global cybersecurity leader, helps make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Fueled by decades of security expertise, global threat research, and continuous innovation, Trend Micro's cybersecurity platform protects hundreds of thousands of organizations and millions of individuals across clouds, networks, devices, and endpoints. As a leader in cloud and enterprise cybersecurity, the platform delivers a powerful range of advanced threat defense techniques optimized for environments like AWS, Microsoft, and Google, and central visibility for better, faster detection and response. With 7,000 employees across 65 countries, Trend Micro enables organizations to simplify and secure their connected world. For additional information, visit www.trendmicro.com Discover You
At Trend, we are always looking for top talent. We hire capability 1st, and you will work with the best. When you join us, you have direct access to any level, and freedom to make an impact and influence. With Trend Micro, you drive your own development. You are recognised for your passion to succeed, and can be the best part of yourself here.
Discover your next exciting career opportunity…. Your Future: At Trend, you will enjoy your paid internship while gaining invaluable experience. You will not be viewed as just an intern, you will be seen as a valuable member of our team. We offer hands on experience, broad exposure and dynamic challenges. We keep our intern group small, which means you get more opportunities and a chance to really bond with the other interns. You will also have lots of fun along the way, with the potential opportunity to travel abroad to visit other Trend Micro offices as part of your time with us. You will have the freedom to direct your own placement, get continuous feedback and will have an opportunity to be involved with activities outside of your job description. At the end of your internship, you will also have the opportunity to be offered a graduate role with Trend Micro once you have completed your college degree.
The Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Support Engineer Intern to join our Enterprise Technical Support Team in our European Operations Centre in Cork. We’re looking for people with solid aptitude for technical problem solving and analytical skills and an eye for fine detail. You should have a real passion for securing a safe digital environment for our customers. In this role, you will support our Endpoint suite of products with a focus on our Apex One solutions within our Europe Technical Support Team. You will have significant interaction with our other global teams including our engineering and anti-malware teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will provide an exceptional customer service experience to our customers.
- You will support our engineers with solving customer technical issues.
- You can provide technical assistance to customers on our products.
- You can reproduce, fix and perform problem analysis on diverse technical issues maintaining our standard of quality.
- You can escalate technical issues using Trend Micro methodologies and effectively interact with our other teams globally to provide holistic solutions.
- You will contribute to our knowledge base.
- You actively promote a positive team environment by assisting team members to improve the professional development of everyone within the organization.
- You have the capability to keep up to date with the ever evolving threat landscape and internet security.
- You can maintain and expand working knowledge of current and beta (non-released) Trend Micro products as well as their integration and methods of support delivery.
- Currently participating in a Bachelors of IT Management, Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately.
- Confidence to act as trusted advisor solving customer issues end to end.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux environments.
- A real passion for technology and love solving complex technical issues.
- The ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with our customers online and via telephone.
- Proven multi-tasking and problem resolution methodology.
At Trend Micro, we embrace change, empower people, and encourage innovation in a connected world. Our diversity and multicultural workforce are key contributing factors to our success across the globe. We like to have fun while taking our culture seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to this regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, age, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or veteran status. We do not allow discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Sept. 15, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!