Technical Support Intern
Posted on Sept. 9, 2023 by InternPlug
- Dublin, Ireland
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: The Global Professional Services Organization is looking for a Global Technical Support Intern . During this internship you will learn a technical understanding of PayPal's products as well as the ability to analyze and resolve live technical and integration issues. Our Technical Support Engineers are responsible for providing services to PayPal merchants, developers and internal PayPal teammates. Leadership and adaptability are a key component to this position where you can learn about these qualities. Internship location – Dublin, Ireland Internship duration – 6 months, starting January 2024
Your day to day
- Conducts test scenarios with code, software devices and endpoints.
- Work directly with external developers on merchant integration issues and to assist provide technical support, consulting and best practices.
- Identifies irregularities in functionality and unexpected behaviors with PayPal products and services.
- Ability to diagnose and identify issues with API’s, Code, Services, and Network connectivity.
- Supports software involved with merchant payment processing.
- Supports onboarding of merchants with a payment processing solution.
- Team Projects
You will bring:
- This opportunity is ideal for a current student pursuing an undergraduate degree in IT or a related field.
- Love and understanding of technology, whether it be hardware, software, or other emerging technologies.
- Should feel brave leaping into the unknown and always be able to ask why. (Curious, motivated, self-serving, ability to take risks in a supportive / safe environment).
- Be comfortable with change - agility is key! (Be comfortable with supporting evolving product suite)
- Collaborate with internal and external partners toward problem solving
- Technical trusted advisor for our merchants
- Spends less time worrying about the problem and more time focusing on how to solve it
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Experience in a role that puts you in direct contact with customers or clients.
- Possess patience and a desire to be a Customer Champion, (Customer empathy and advocacy)
- Studying Computer Science, Data Centre Networking, Information Systems & IT, Software Development, Business & Technology or closely related
- Experience in creating and troubleshooting web services, such as SOAP and REST
- Basic understanding of Firewalls, proxy, HTTP, server-side, client-side, TCP/IP
- Experience with Software Application Debugging and troubleshooting
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Oct. 9, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!