Technical Support Intern
Posted on July 10, 2023 by InternPlug
- Xindian, India
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionA home for data teams around the world. Atlan makes it easier for diverse data users – business users, product managers, analysts, and engineers – to collaborate effectively. (Think of what Salesforce is for sales teams or GitHub for engineering teams). (Check out our website, product tour, and docs.)
Built for the humans of data, by the humans of data
At Atlan, we started as a data team ourselves tackling problems like national healthcare and poverty alleviation with data science. (Check out our TEDx talk and case studies.)
The problem: After working on 200+ data projects, we learned how tough it was to scale data teams. Data teams are one of the most interdisciplinary teams ever created. They're made up of analysts, data scientists, engineers, business users – diverse people with their own tooling preferences, skill sets, and "DNA" that need to come together. This leads to collaboration chaos.
We were awoken with crisis calls every second day for the minutest of issues — from troubleshooting why a number on a dashboard was incorrect to difficulties in getting access to the right data set! Atlan started with us building tools to make our own data team more agile.
These tools made our team 6x more agile, helping us take on amazing projects like building India's National Data Platform used by India's Prime Minister. The best part — this was built by an eight-member team, the fastest project of its kind to go live, in a record twelve months instead of the projected three years.
We asked, could the tooling we built for ourselves help data teams around the world? That's how Atlan was born. We're on a mission to help data teams around the world do their lives' best work.
Read our co-founder Prukalpa's article on the half-a-decade backstory that drives everything we do at Atlan and our journey of failing three times before we figured out the real solution.
We're growing fast
In the last few months, we have onboarded some dream customers, started working with some amazing partners, and watched as our team spread across 10+ countries.
Atlan was named a Gartner Cool Vendor in DataOps, one of the top three companies globally (and one of the fastest companies to make the list ). We were also named in Gartner’s inaugural Market Guide for Active Metadata and as a Top 5 Global Innovator in DataOps by IDC.
We're backed by top investors (like Insight Partners, Sequoia, and Waterbridge) and the shapers of the modern data stack (including the founders and CEOs of Snowflake, Looker, Stitch, and DataRobot) as our early investors.
Watch this three-minute video of our journey so far and where we're going (in conversation with Sequoia Capital).
We build with all our
We believe that data teams deserve fundamentally better software experiences. Data is chaos, but that doesn't mean that work should be!
Love what Superhuman, Slack, Notion, Quip, and Figma have done for the modern workplace? Come build the future for data teams with Atlan!
Why this role is important for us?
- We believe that great customer service is a company value and not just a job requirement. Every single person in the company is responsible for creating delight in the lives of our users. Doing what's right for the customer is baked into Atlan's DNA. So far, our Customer Happiness team has been responsible for supporting our customers and ensuring they can get the most out of Atlan.
- People underestimate the value of delighting customers consistently at every touchpoint. GREAT customer experience is when a user reaches out with a problem and leaves with a solution AND a smile on their face. The best brands consistently create these wow moments for their users.
- We're looking for someone who can help us scale our customer support function and help Atlan be truly great at customer service.
- If you're looking for a high-impact opportunity, at a fast-growing startup, and truly believe that user & customer delight can be one of the biggest moats for a company.... this is the role for you.
What will you do?
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow up on the status of problems with respective workgroups on behalf of the end customer.
- Never be satisfied when it comes to solving a customer problem - get into the root-cause identification by analysing cascaded symptoms and prevent similar issues from reoccurring
- Proactively take calls and manage service levels and abandon rates during business-critical needs. Address urgent issues quickly, work within and measure against customer SLAs.
- Handle major incidents by coordinating with multiple teams
- Take ownership of technical issues by working closely with developers to resolve more complicated problems.
- Work closely with the CS and Engineering team to enhance the quality of existing products.
- Use logs, metrics and alerts to gauge the health of the system, and debug when issues hit the platform or the product
- Craft well-written, user-facing communication and documentation
- Translate user feedback and needs to well-scoped requirements, and collaborate with our engineering team to deliver them in Atlan
- Build processes to scale customer support including ticketing management, SLAs, workflows and more.
- Own Atlan's product documentation & training content, and craft well-written user-facing communications and documentation.
- Train and mentor new team members as we scale our Customer Happiness function
What makes you a match for us?
- You understand data and software markets, products, and businesses. Familiarity with the modern data stack across ETL, storage, BI, and everything in between, with a demonstrated ability to stay up to date with new developments, is a plus.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot software, understand customer requirements & workflow and resolve more advanced issues while working within escalation procedures.
- A high rate of learning, natural curiosity, and eagerness to debate opinions to find the truth. Previously demonstrated an aptitude for partnering with internal or external stakeholders across geographies.
- Logging and keeping records of various issues to help the team prioritise fixes and automation, along with measuring product quality.
- Excellent problem-solving, documenting troubleshooting and problem-resolution steps.
- Good to have an understanding of at least one of the programming languages (PHP, Java, Python).
- Operational support experience - the ability to capture the user environment during troubleshooting & work towards speedy and accurate resolutions for client issues.
At Atlan, our mission is to help data teams do their life's best work. Inside Atlan, our goal is to help Atlanians do their life's best work while at Atlan and reach their Ikigai.
We'd normally invite potential Atlanians to our office to meet our team and understand our culture. But given the global pandemic, we've opened up our internal team handbook instead, which is a great read about our values and principles and how we think about growth and internal practices as we build a dream team.
Atlan Team Handbook The Values of an Atlanian
Excited about the opportunity? Apply now!
Aug. 9, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!