Thames Estuary 2100 Academic Intern
Posted on June 26, 2023 by InternPlug
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionNumber of jobs available 1 Region London City/Town London Building/Site Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF Grade Staff Grade 2 Post Type Internship Working Pattern Full Time Role Type Other Salary Minimum £20,507 Pro-rata Job description Do you want to help London and the Thames Estuary adapt to climate change? At the Environment Agency, we do more than build flood risk management schemes. We strive to ensure that everything we do leaves a legacy to be proud of.
We are offering a 6 week summer internship within the team implementing the Thames Estuary 2100 Plan. You’ll be working with the latest climate science and innovative approaches to flood risk management to help deliver solutions at the forefront of an adaptation pathways plan for the largest flood risk strategy in the country.
The internship is suitable for current university students studying geography, environmental science or another relevant degree, who are looking for an opportunity to explore whether a career in the Environment Agency is right for them.
The successful applicant will have an opportunity to be involved in:
- Data collection and analysis
- GIS mapping projects
- Project management
You will also have an opportunity to explore other teams and departments to increase your knowledge of the roles available at the Environment Agency, as well as to get out with the team and see the work happening to plan for future flood risk on the Thames Estuary. The team As part of the Flood and Coastal Risk Management department in London Area, the Thames Estuary 2100 team works with other London Area teams, three operational area teams and the TEAM2100 programme, an integrated team of Environment Agency and delivery partner colleagues.
We are an exciting programme at the forefront of adaptive planning for climate change, and we work collaboratively as a team and with partners to plan for rising sea levels in the estuary. Experience/skills required We are looking for someone who:
- Is ambitious and eager to learn new skills and information about the Environment Agency.
- Takes a proactive approach to managing a varied workload and can work with team members to take decisions and prioritise.
- Is a good communicator, works well both independently and in a team, and can build relationships with colleagues.
- Is comfortable working with data, managing information, and producing reports using templates or guidance from colleagues.
- Has good recording keeping and writing skills.
- Has good IT skills, particularly relating to the Microsoft Office suite and GIS
- Has strong organisation and time management skills.
- Takes an active role in team discussions, is confident to ask questions or share their thoughts and ideas.
We're interested in candidates from a wide range of backgrounds that have relevant experience or skills and can bring diverse perspectives and viewpoints. We support flexible working patterns.
Interviews will take place on Monday 10th July. If you need any adjustments for the application or interview process, please let us know. For more information about the role, please contact Laura Littleton on 07825377920.
Please complete the competency questions below, there is no need to attach a CV.
Any unsuccessful candidates who meet the bar at interview will be placed on a reserve list for 6 months, in case other opportunities arise within that time.
July 26, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!