Tourism London Intern (C0319)
Posted on July 25, 2023 by InternPlug
- London, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Administrative Assistant II and to the Director, Sport Tourism, the Intern will assist with various administrative duties and research projects and provide assistance to multiple departments within Tourism London including Culture & Entertainment Tourism, Meetings and Conventions, Sport Tourism and the London Music Office.
- Facilitates the migration of Tourism London to OneDrive by reviewing and reorganizing Tourism London’s Y: drive content, transferring of documents from Y: drive to OneDrive, creation of Procedures and Learnings documents on OneDrive capabilities for Tourism London staff and facilitating training sessions for Tourism London staff on OneDrive
- Assists all Tourism London departments as required - experience working with London Music Office, Conventions Tourism, Culture, Entertainment & Marketing Tourism, Administration, Sport Tourism, Communications, Research & Development
- Perform evening and/or weekend job related duties, as required
- Performs related duties as assigned
Eligibility under the City of London Internship Program as follows (see below):
MUST MEET CRITERIA AS EITHER A NEW IMMIGRANT, PERSON WITH A SELF-DECLARED DISABILITY, INDIGENOUS PERSON, RACIALIZED PERSON/VISIBLE MINORITY, OR A RECENT LOCAL POST-SECONDARY GRADUATE.
- Persons who have gained permanent residency status and/or naturalized citizenship status; having arrived in Canada 0 – 5 years.
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary education institute with Canadian equivalency
- English benchmark level 6 or above
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Person with a self-declared disability which poses employment barriers:
- Persons who identify as having one or more disabilities. City of London follows the definition of Disability as allowed under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Person who identify as Aboriginal, First Nations, Metis, Inuit, and/or Indian.
Racialized Persons/Visible Minorities:
- Persons, other than Indigenous persons, who are non-Caucasian in race. Also persons who have racial meanings attributed to them as a group in ways that negatively impacts their work and social life.
Recent local post-secondary graduate:
- City of London residents currently residing or having left London within the last year ONLY and who have graduated from a recognized postsecondary institution.
- Limited work experience in their chosen field.
Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and strong computer skills a must.
Attention to detail including proofreading proficiency; strong organizational skills a must.
Typing speed required is 50 w.p.m.
Demonstrated knowledge of OneDrive software a benefit
Valid Driver’s License – Class G a benefit.
Interest in the following areas of discipline a benefit: Tourism and Travel, Hospitality, Music/Music Business, Marketing/Business.
This positions is being filled on a temporary basis for up to 15 weeks.
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm with some evening and weekend work required. Please note these hours are subject to change.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.
Planning & Economic DevelopmentDIVISION
Tourism LondonCLOSE DATE
Temporary - Full TimeEMPLOYEE GROUP
CUPE Local 101
Aug. 24, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!