Trading Intern - Nyc
Posted on Aug. 17, 2023 by InternPlug
- West New York, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionSIG’s trading internship provides a distinctive opportunity to learn about quantitative trading. Splitting their day between working on a trading desk and education in a classroom setting, interns receive the best preparation possible for careers in quant trading. During their time on the trading floor, interns will be fully imbedded within a trading desk, working side by side with an experienced trader who will serve as a mentor. While in education, interns will receive industry-leading training in options theory and decision science from traders fully dedicated to trader development. Students with a STEM background can leverage their quantitative skills and learn how SIG uses game theory, decision science, and cutting-edge technology to make trading decisions. The goal of the program is to provide interns with a deep exposure to trading, so they can decide if it is what they want to pursue full-time.
Opportunities as a trading intern will be available in our Philadelphia Area, New York and Chicago offices.
What we're looking for
- Intention to graduate with a minimum of a bachelors degree and begin full time employment by August 2025
- Exceptional quantitative, logical reasoning, and analytical skills
- General computer skills required; computer programming skills a plus
- Demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Housing provided for duration of internship
- Relaxed dress code: jeans and sneakers are the norm, shorts all summer long
- Food, beverages, and snacks available all day
- Discounts for dining, entertainment, shopping, travel, and attractions
- Social events including a poker tournament, dinners, sporting events and other outings in NYC
Trading Interns at SIG will receive a total of $67,500 during the ten-week program. This compensation is comprised of a $4,000 weekly base salary plus a signing bonus. Interns will also receive company-paid housing, breakfast and lunch, and other perks.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.
Sept. 16, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!