Posted on Sept. 19, 2023 by InternPlug
- Singapore, Singapore
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
SCOR Ventures is the venture capital and strategic partnerships arm of SCOR, a tier 1 global reinsurer writing 18 billion USD gross premium annually. SCOR Ventures is responsible for both investing in and creating partnerships with early stage startups in the insurtech space. Since 2017 we have built a global portfolio across three theses: (1) investing in tech-driven underwriting companies (MGAs, carriers) and distributors, (2) software solutions that benefit SCOR and/or our clients, and (3) companies that help people live healthier lives.
We are a global team of six from diverse backgrounds working asynchronously across time zones because we are passionate about what we do! We collaborate, support, share ideas and challenge each other while constantly searching for the new frontier of the (re)insurance landscape. Additionally, we appreciate to have the access to the full scope of SCOR’s teams and expertise across all lines of business in Life and Non-Life insurance, and 4 – 5k insurance companies who are our existing clients on a worldwide basis.
Here are some links to us and our colleagues at work:
- Ventures podcast
An Intern position has been created to support the Ventures team’s efforts to execute investments, build partnerships, and share global expertise on insurtech across SCOR. The internship is designed for an undergraduate or graduate student looking for exposure to a combination of start-ups, venture capital firms, and a global reinsurance company. There will also be opportunities for the intern to directly participate in business meetings, conferences, and networking events.
The position is intended to provide a solid introduction for students seeking roles in insurance, venture capital, or innovation-related fields. The role is from December 2023 to May/August 2024, based in one of SCOR’s offices in the APAC region. The individual will work with a Ventures team spread across the US, Europe and APAC, reporting to the APAC Ventures lead, who is based in Singapore.
- Actively assist with building ventures deal flow and Ventures Capital (VC) network in APAC and globally.
- Support deal assessments including market sizing, technology, revenue model, product/service, competitive positioning, deal valuation, benchmarking etc.
- Perform research on new markets and technology trends to help build investment thesis and broader strategy.
- Participate in meetings with early-stage companies and VCs.
- Build content to support internal and external Ventures team presentations
- Assist the team in maintaining records of companies we have engaged with, including writing and distributing meeting summaries and recording information in our central database
- Support marketing and other operational requirements related to industry events.
- Candidate must be able to commit to work 4 days per week minimum
Desired Skills – Domain Expertise
- Interest in insurance, venture capital, start-ups, and the interface between global companies and start-ups, with a strong desire to learn the business.
- Prior experience with VC would be a distinct advantage.
Desired Skills – Technical
- Proficiency and comfort with Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Pitchbook or similar tools would be a plus.
- Ability to sort through large amounts of information, understand it, and identify that which is most relevant, then present it in a logical format.
- Ability to keep oneself organized and solve problems without being told precisely how.
- People skills / ability to represent the team in a professional manner.
- Undergraduate or graduate university student.
- Strong academic credentials and relevant coursework.
SCOR, the 4th largest reinsurer in the world, provides insurance companies with a diversified and innovative range of solutions and services to control and manage risk. Leveraging experience and expertise to deliver “The Art & Science of Risk”, SCOR provides cutting-edge financial solutions, analytics tools and services in all areas related to risk – from Life & Health and Property & Casualty insurance to Investments. Our specialized teams operate in over 160 countries, fostering long-term relationships with clients.
In order to provide our clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions, SCOR pursues an underwriting policy that is founded on profitability and supported by effective risk management strategy and a prudent investment policy. This approach allows us to offer clients an optimum level of security, to create value for shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of society by helping to protect insureds against the risks they face.
At SCOR, we believe that employing people from different backgrounds and ensuring inclusivity is a major driving force for the success of the Group. We are committed to fostering a work environment in which all employees are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to SCOR’s success.
Oct. 19, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!