Vertex Summer Internship, Research (Boston, Ma)
Posted on Sept. 29, 2023 by InternPlug
- Boston, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionJob Description The Vertex Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are relentless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other interns, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams. Becoming a Research Intern at Vertex will give you a panoramic view of how the industry works, how decisions are made, how pipelines are built and progressed and how important your professional networks, connections and collaborations will be in defining your longer-term career experience. Our mission is to tackle serious diseases and to change lives, for the better, for the future. Our aim is to give you the skills, insights and career guidance to be an important part of that future. To turn your potential into progression. To turn possibilities into reality. To turn your ambition into a clear, defined career path.
Join us and help kick start the path to your career! We will have various positions within our functional areas, including but not limited to:
- Discovery Research is at the core of Vertex’s ability to push the science of possibility – and our pursuit of breakthrough discoveries has us seeking innovation both internally and externally. In addition to continuously seeking the best and brightest research scientists to join our team, Vertex places a great emphasis on building collaborative relationships.
- Analytical Development: works to bring medical discoveries to patients and physicians, translating molecular designs and candidate medicine molecules into manufacturable pharmaceutical materials and medicine products that could be delivered to patients.
- Discovery Core: assay execution support, culture and scale up of recombinant and primary human cells
- Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics: unites key translational disciplines to mitigate risk and increase the probability of successful clinical development
- Human Assay Technologies: supporting human cell assay development such as various 2D and 3D patient-derived cell/ tissue models to build a functional assay for drug discovery.
- Vector Core Intern will learn bioprocessing of viral vectors and assist scientific staff in the process development and production of viral vectors, to deliver AAV materials to support programs across the Vertex Cell and Genetic Therapies (VCGT) portfolio of programs.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Majors in the following backgrounds: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Cell Biology, Cell Physiology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Genetics, or a related field of study.
- Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating Spring 2024
- 3.0 GPA preferred
Oct. 29, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!