Vets Intern - Data Analytics
Posted on Aug. 31, 2023 by InternPlug
- Bengaluru, India
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
This is a vital hands-on role so we’re looking for exceptionally creative, ambitious, "data curious" thinkers who can help to extract true business value from data. A typical day might include:
- Searching for collections of behaviors and events that individually are innocuous but collectively indicate a likely next action in order to enable timely, relevant outreach
- Support & lead partnerships with key Operations stakeholders and Operations Product groups with strong understanding of business drivers, underlying data and processes
- Build business cases, construct test designs, and identify populations for pilot programs; analyze program performance and derive insights to help inform future customer strategies
- Analyze customer interactions and events across a variety of channels (calls, branch, online, mobile) to better understand customer journeys and friction points
- Lead development and reporting of Ops performance metrics & KPIs. Use analytical tools and quantitative methods such as trend analysis, segmentation, forecasting, optimization, and other techniques to improve business function performance.
- Creating self-serve tools to put real-time information in the hands of decision-makers
Required Qualifications, Skills and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s / Master's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field with 8+ years of data science experience. Experience in wrangling large, complex datasets, strong database skills and ability to write, optimize and tune complex SQL scripts
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to manage and deliver in an innovation-driven and fast-paced environment. Should have a very good understanding of IT processes and databases. Should be able to work directly with data owners/custodians and contribute in building analytics data hub
- Leadership drive, ability to analyze problems, design solutions, and communicate effectively and confidently with relevant stakeholders to influence and gain buy-in across various job functions. Flexibility/adaptability, ability to listen and defend or change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus
- Superior judgment to mitigate risk, and to foster an environment where risk/control issues are escalated and trends are anticipated and identified
- Experience delivering analytics solutions under strict timelines quick turn-around time. Hands-on experience writing code and automating processes to source, transform and analyze data from multiple sources including structured and unstructured data preferred. Hands-on experience with standard data analytics tools and technologies ( at least four of SQL, Python, SAS, Tableau, Alteryx, R,). Proven track record in solving business problems through fact-based and scientific analytics, like to focus on solving problems
- Have a demonstrated ability to think both independently and collaboratively to implement creative solutions that solve business problems, being diligent in the detail while maintaining focus on broader purpose and business objectives. Recognize the stories in the data and tell them in ways that illuminate which customers are likely to do what next
- Are comfortable summarizing key information and presenting recommendations to multiple stakeholders to influence senior management. Able to communicate effectively with Senior leaders to enable collaboration, decision-making, and transparency. Flexibility/adaptability, ability to listen and defend or change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Capabilities
- Previously worked in an insights function at a financial services firm or consulting firm supporting Financial firms.
- Have a strong grasp of big data disciplines, AWS, Agile (scrum) methodologies, and new technologies
- Are a lifelong learner and hold a growth mindset; we welcome individuals who geek out on industry podcasts, stay abreast of cutting edge techniques, and love to share what they are learning with the rest of the team
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
Sept. 30, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!