Posted on Sept. 10, 2023 by InternPlug
- Soledade, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionJob Description This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for making high quality wine. This position works directly with the Winemaking Team and will be an integral winemaking support position, helping to facilitate daily harvest winemaking responsibilities. This position does not require Cellar or Lab work; however, interns will work with members of the Cellar and Lab to achieve daily responsibilities. This is a temporary assignment, generally from mid-July through mid-December. Schedules are determined on an as-needed basis to keep up with grape processing. This may include weekend work, and overtime. Responsibilities
- Assist winemakers with vineyard monitoring and picking decisions
- Work with winemakers and cellar leads on grape receival, pressing, facilitating and prioritizing workload
- Conduct daily fermentation monitoring including tank temperatures, cap inspection and management
- Monitor winemaking trials, review of lab analysis and update harvest spreadsheets.
- Taste and evaluate wines with Winemaking team
- Generate work orders for grape and wine processing
- Help Winemakers with other projects/assignments as needed
- Ability to work from mid-July through mid-December
- Ability to work various shifts including weekends and overtime
- Recent graduate or pursuing a degree in Enology and/or Viticulture or related field
- Excellent organizational and communication skills – oral and written
- Technically capable (especially MS Office applications)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Previous harvest experience in winery production
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Well-developed wine tasting skills
- Familiar with Vintrace
- Work Environment:
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, dust, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
- Occasional travel with ability to work weekends and overtime.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Ability to stand and walk over rough terrain in a predominantly outdoor environment. Requires frequent and repetitive bending. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Oct. 10, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!