Winter Internship 2024 - Focus Improvement
Posted on Sept. 6, 2023 by InternPlug
- Knoxville, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionJob Overview: KDP Focus Improvement Internship (Winter 2024) -3109 Plant Water Road, Knoxville, Tennessee, 37914 As a Co-op at Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) you will be a part of the beverage revolution. You will be working in a fast-paced, highly technical manufacturing environment that produces some of KDP’s most popular beverages. Each co-op will lead high-impact projects and will be provided with opportunities to grow professionally. Come learn what it takes to succeed at an industry-leading company and help contribute to our ongoing success.
The KDP 2024 program will run from January-May, 2024 and this position will be based in our Knoxville, TN Plant. Elements of the KDP 2024 Program include:
- Engaging and partnering on innovative projects to gain experience in a fast paced, cross functional team environment
- Receive mentor support for your professional development
- Participate in meet & greets and lunch & learns with KDP executives and other organization leaders
- Receive professional development training such as networking, professional skills development and presenting
- Complete a project from start to finish and present it and your takeaways to your team, department, and senior leaders to highlight your project work and impact on the business
- Gain knowledge in executing operational plans and projects, including DMS (Daily Management Systems) for day-to-day operations, new equipment startups, and innovative product qualifications
- Assist with TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) implementation and Lean activities, including participation in Continuous Improvement or Kaizen events and developing, implementing and improving autonomous and preventive maintenance workstreams
- Support daily manufacturing operations to deliver targeted safety, quality, production, and cost results
- Prepare standard reports/documentation to communicate results to all levels including senior management.
- Undertake and successfully complete simple or basic project development tasks to include any of the following: writing and/or verifying specifications, maintaining product/process documentation, testing processes, equipment, raw materials and product, and validating equipment and processes.
- Be a contributor on problem solving, cost reduction, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Analyze downtime data and maintain action plans using lean methodology.
- Collect and calculate savings data on improvement projects.
- Recommend methods for improving efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities.
- Balance work priorities to meet the day-to-day requirements of the Plant business teams.
- Provide support and coordinate events for a variety of facility programs
- Follow all Keurig Dr Pepper policies and procedures
- Undergraduate currently enrolled in a full time academic program from an accredited college or university, majoring in Engineering or another Manufacturing-related field
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize requests, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills including excellent listening, written, and verbal abilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally, be independently driven, and adapt to changes
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Full-time; 40 hours per week
- 8:00am until 5:00pm
- $30.00/ hour
- Paid bi-weekly
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Oct. 6, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!