Workplace Health And Safety Specialist Intern 2023 (Canada) Entry Level
Posted on Aug. 23, 2023 by InternPlug
- Brampton, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionBasic Qualifications: · Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in a Health/Safety related field with a conferral date between December 2023 and August 2024
If you are eager to coach associates and conduct trainings on workplace safety, apply to join our team in Amazon Operations as a Workplace Health and Safety Specialist (WHSS) intern! Amazon provides extensive training and development for the WHSS intern to learn to become exceptional safety leaders.
This is a ten-week internship (40 hours per week) during the summer of 2023 located within one of our Amazon fulfillment centers, sort centers, delivery stations or other operations buildings within the Amazon Fulfillment Network with nationwide locations available. This is not a corporate position.
Amazon is looking for college students with high-potential. As a WHSS intern, you will have an opportunity to promote a positive safety culture while complying with Amazon safety standards on the operations floor. The WHSS intern will learn the process to coordinate and implement all aspects of Amazon’s Global Safety Program within the Amazon Fulfillment Network.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation’s workflow can be broken to three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Program Quick Facts and Location:
- This position is not a corporate role. This position will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other building within the Amazon Fulfillment Network.
- Although this role is tied to a certain city, placement opportunities are nationwide. This means you will be placed at an operations building within the Amazon Fulfillment Network that most aligns with your location preferences and the current location availability after you interview.
- Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (you will be placed at an operations building that most aligns with your location preferences and the current location availability after you interview.)
- Term: Ten weeks during summer of 2023
Key job responsibilities
Key Responsibilities that you will learn:
· Drive safety initiatives through an intern project · Learn to identify compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through participating in conducting daily, weekly, and monthly audits
- Learn the incident investigation process
- Perform safety observations & audits
- Assist others (area managers, safety team members, etc.) to complete their safety tasks (audits, follow safety rules, etc.)
- Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
Must be able to perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Access all areas of building (Depending on the operations building, this may include ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways, and shipping docks safely and without limitation)
- Regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move items up to 49 pounds
- Willing and able to work any permanent shift that may include overnights, weekends, holidays and overtime
A day in the life
Day in the life:
As a WHSS intern, you will have the opportunity to learn how to maintain accurate daily, weekly, and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams. You will also learn to conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions for associates. In addition, the WHSS intern will drive safety initiatives through an intern project, in Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers.
Preferred Qualifications: · Knowledge of OSHA regulations · Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, especially around health and safety needs to all levels of the organization · Ability to evaluate and dive deep into data to provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions · Currently holds First Aid and CPR certificates Applicants who apply for this job will allow Amazon to process your application in a centralized hiring system that considers you for other similar openings as well. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Sept. 22, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!