Business Analyst Co-Op/Intern
Posted on Sept. 8, 2023 by InternPlug
- Ottawa, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionIt's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Lumentum Canada was awarded the 2022 National Capital Region’s Top Employers for the 6th consecutive year and the 2022 Career Directory Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates for the 5th consecutive year.
It’s an exciting time to join Lumentum! Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in San Jose, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com. We believe Lumentum is a great place to work, and we support a diverse and inclusive culture where employees bring their whole and authentic selves to work. We strive to build meaningful connections that fuel innovation to produce products that impact the world. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Overview This opportunity is with the Business Operations and Cost Leadership Team. This is a critical group within the Telecom Transport Business unit that works with all teams across Lumentum to consolidate, analyze, and communicate data. The Opportunity
- 16 months (preferred): May 2024 to August 2025 12 months: May 2024 to April 2025
- Work extensively with large data sets, doing analytics for the company with focus on cost reduction, revenue, and margin
- Improving and automating data collection and analysis
- Examining all aspects of product cost including material, transformation, design, and overhead
- Work with operations and engineering team to quantify and prioritize cost reduction activity
- Work extensively with our Product Engineers, PLM, Business Unit General Manager, and Finance
- Review and create a cost roadmap analysis, quantifying past and future performance
- Review Low margin product strategy with the PLM team
- Work with Senior Mgmt team on our company goals for next fiscal year
- Support regular presentations to cross functional teams
- Working to a degree program in a technical field or enrolled in business program
- Experience with Microsoft software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with Data analysis
- You must be registered full-time or part time, in a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution
Our student program offers opportunities to work on real projects that have meaningful impact in an environment that supports diverse perspectives, inclusivity and fosters a sense of belonging. We offer flexible working schedules, continuous learning, mentorship programs, employee resource groups and perks and benefits to all students - including health, dental & vision coverage, and employee wellness programs.
In its seventh consecutive year, the Ottawa site is honored to be named one of the Canada Region Top Employers and one of the best employers for recent university graduates under the Career Directory for the sixth year by Canada’s Top 100 Employers!
Lumentum awards scholarships of $5,000.00 to ten of our Canada based students from underrepresented groups. To be considered for the scholarship, the first thing you need to do is apply for a Lumentum intern/co-op opportunity so you can be reviewed for a job with us. To receive the DIB scholarship, you must complete an intern/co-op with Lumentum.
You might be interested to know:
- We are a humble but passionate team who loves our work and is improving with each day;
- Our team has a long history (15 years and counting) of employing co-ops/interns and we truly value the contributions our students make to our team. In fact, several students have been hired upon graduation;
- Our building offers many perks including a small gym with showers; a cafeteria with subsidized meals and free coffee & tea; a prayer room; a games room; and plenty of free parking, or a conveniently located public transit stop in front of the building.
Oct. 8, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!